True to the name, here’s a true meatless dish you can enjoy this Monday!
- 375 grams dried linguine pasta
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 1 piece garlic clove, crushed
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp shaved parmesan cheese, to serve
- Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions until it becomes tender. Drain. Return to pan.
- Meanwhile, process basil, pine nuts, garlic, and parmesan in a blender, scraping down sides occasionally, until almost smooth.
- With motor running, add oil in a slow, steady stream. Process to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add pesto to pasta. Toss to combine. Serve.
Photos from Wikimedia Commons