True to the name, here’s a true meatless dish you can enjoy this Monday!
- 150 grams fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- ¾ cup whole wheat breadcrumbs (from wholewheat bread)
- 1 piece large egg white
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- 1/3 cup grated light cheese
- ¼ cup fresh malunggay leaves
- cooking oil
- 6 pcs pandesal
- arugula leaves
- onion rings
- tomato slices
- Process mushrooms, oats, garlic, breadcrumbs, egg white, salt, oregano, light cheese, and malunggay leaves in a food processor until uniformly ground.
- Let the mixture stand in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Form the mixture into patties. (The patties can also be frozen. Just thaw and cook when you’re ready to eat. )
- Fry them on very little oil over medium heat until it turns brown on both sides.
- Sandwich each patty in a pandesal with a slice of cheese, arugula leaves, onion rings, and tomato slices.
Ph0to from Wikimedia Commons