True to the name, here’s a true meatless dish you can enjoy this Monday!
- 1 recipe basic pizza dough (recipe below)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 piece onion, finely chopped
- 1 piece garlic clove, crushed
- 1 piece small zucchini, coarsely grated
- 300 grams tomatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp fresh basil leaves, shredded
- ½ piece red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ piece green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup Mozzarella cheese, fresh (Get it from Santi’s. It is white, not yellowish)
- Make pizza dough. Place the base on a greased baking tray. Preheat oven to 240°C
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and zucchini. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until onion has softened.
- Add tomatoes. Bring it to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Add basil. Stir to combine.
- Spread pizza base with tomato mixture.
- Top with bell pepper and cheeses.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese has melted and base is crisp. Serve.
Photo from Wikimedia Commons